"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow, what a ride!'"

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Bloggin' Blue Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Big News!!!!

I never thought the day would come! We'd like to announce the arrival of our newest family members......















3 new baby tigers.
Kate delivered them just a few minutes ago. It was quite impressive, and she did really well through the whole ordeal. I am always amazed at the resiliency of my children.



Details: At approximately 11:20 am I heard Kate gagging and choking from the other room. I ran in to see what was wrong (prepared to do the Heimlich maneuver) and she was writhing around on the ground--clearly in a lot of discomfort. After stopping to let me make sure that she wasn't dying, she got right back to work. She coughed out one kitten, then another, then a third!!!!
When I asked her where they were coming from she pointed to her tummy and said, "They in my tummy, then my throat, then my mae-outh." With a look that clearly said, "DUH!"




I'm pleased to report that all three of the imaginary tigers are healthy and quite cute--aside from being surprisingly noisy for imaginary kittens. We rushed them to the studio shortly after their arrival for an emergency photo session--at Kate's request.




What a good momma!

7 comments:

Adam said...

I am a proud grandfather. This is a lot earlier than I would prefer, but nonetheless I am proud grandpa. WOW... I am way to young to be saying that.

Keri Blue said...

I don't know if I'm more alarmed at her age, the fact that they were CATS or by the way that they came out-- and that someday I'm going to have to tell her the truth. That conversation is all yours, Daddy!!!

JennyLynn said...

Man, I wish my deliveries had been that easy! I am obviously doing something wrong.

Melissa Telford said...

I don't even know what to say!!! Kate is hilarious! I wish that would have been caught on film. Please be sure to bring the new arrivals down to visit us the next time you come...

aaron and meg facer said...

HAHAHA!! That is awesome!! Alice in Wonderland has nothing on the world of Kate's imagination. I hope she writes a book some day so I can get a better glimpse.

Alli Blue said...

Hahahahaah! Creative little one now isn't she! :)

Jeannetta said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the most hilarious thing yet!! She is so funny!
And, what a good granny you are to make sure this is all documented!