"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow, what a ride!'"

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Bloggin' Blue Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Magic's Puppies





Gram's dog, Magic, had puppies a few weeks ago. It has been very exciting for the girls! Kate, especially, LOVES the puppies. She stays with them the entire time we are there! Literally, she climbs in the box with them and sits there loving them for hours--if we'd let her. We make her get out every once in a while so she doesn't stress the puppies (or Magic) too much. This first video is of the girls holding the puppies for the last time of the visit just before leaving for home.










This second video is just over 1 hour into our drive home. For the first 45 minutes she cried and yelled at me nonstop. She was exhausted, so it was terrible! In the middle of her tantrum, she fell asleep for a few minutes. When she woke up she was really angry that she had fallen asleep and missed out on perfectly good "yell at mommy time" for even a few minutes. So, at that point, I started threatening. I told her that if she asked for the puppies "one more time" I would pull over and spank her bottom. She got creative in the way she was asking for puppies...but not really asking for puppies--so I pulled out the camera and caught some of it. It's a little shaky and not always pointing in the right direction since I couldn't look at the screen while driving. I just guessed where it should go and balanced it on my shoulder. I thought that was quite creative and safe of me! :)




BTW, Her favorite puppy is named "pink girl." Listen to how close she gets to asking for pink girl and then quickly turns it into something else "pink." Gotta give her credit for creativity!










1 comment:

JennyLynn said...

I love it! My boys asked to watch those videos over and over.