"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow, what a ride!'"

-Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Bloggin' Blue Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm baaaaack......

It is March 12th 2010. I haven't blogged in 8 months. The last time I posted anything to my blog was right before my computer crashed in the middle of wedding season. The rest is history. I'm finally to the point that I feel like I can work on some of my own photos without guilt. Yay!!!!! So, in an effort to keep our adventures in chronological order for the book I'll be making of our blog, I'm going to post this as if it is still June 2009. Who would know otherwise 10 years from now? Unless they read the text, of course. ;)


I can't think of a better way to start off my dry spell from blogging than with pictures of Kate in her cage. I found the poor child this way. If only she had parents who cared for her, and would provide a home with a bed for her....oh WAIT!!! She prefers the adventures found in a box with a bowl of food on the ground. She was being a puppy, "Just like Gram's puppies, mom. I don't need a spoon!" Who am I to ruin her games? Carry on little puppy girl!





Deedsie and I took the kids to Lithia Park for some play time. Cade was such a big, strong, cousin climbing to the top of the climbing structure. Maybe this next summer the girls will be able to keep up?









We had a crazy rainstorm in the middle of June. It was coming down really hard. It was the best kind of rainstorm, too. It was really warm outside and it had been dry for quite a while, so the air had that wet, dusty smell. I love that smell so much! The girls were a little nervous about taking their umbrellas out into the heavy rain--it was coming down that hard! Adam, being the wonderful dad that he is, braved the storm with them while I got some video and pictures.




Haircuts by Grammy! So cute! Thanks Gram!






One of the puppies from Gram's house. Wherever the puppies were...that's where we would find Kate. Such a lover of creatures. The puppy looks a little distressed, I think. But, who could really argue with that much love!?



4 comments:

Mark and Emily said...

Whooo hooooo! Finally an update :)

J said...

I love the climbing structure. Richard and I were trying to get one of those put in our park in Provo. How fun.
We must be on the same wave length. I just ordered my first blog book yesterday. I am so excited to get it.

Alli Blue said...

Those puppies are adorable. I just love Kate and the box. What a goof! PS...is that park in Roseburg? We need to go there next time we are there if it is!

aaron and meg facer said...

Hooray, you're back! Kate cracks me up! She has such an incredible imagination. And I'm so proud of Cade climbing up that high!